Tuesday, November 6, 2018

   This piece is called a "Helping hands ". This piece relies mostly on pattern and rhythm. This is supposed to represent unity, and this topic is represented by the joining of the hands. My inspiration behind this was the works of Dali and his dreamlike works. This piece is supposed to fall into that surreal realm of art. Being as it isn't something you would see in real life. I chose to do this piece in black and white to further the unifying qualities.
I feel as if I was to use color it may lose its message of unification, as I wanted it to be universal. Originally this piece was going to be 3-D, But I had trouble constructing it so I chose a 2-D approach. This piece is supposed to make the viewer feel a complete sense of oneness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment