Thursday, November 15, 2018

performance art



In my piece, I wanted to see what people loved. I wasn't very surprised by the answers I got a few people to respond in my time standing, but most people walked by me. I believe everyone should love something because it is the best feeling to have. I was at first very nervous to do this project because I am very anxious when thrown into these types of interactions. After a short time, this feeling dissipated as I realized there was no reason to be anxious. Share love people it is our greatest gift.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6-9c0wj15w


I was inspired by artists like Yoko Ono who would do pieces where she would have people cut away her clothing. Rather than having people cut away I chose to have people build. Not with materials but rather the feeling of love. Love is all around and I think more people need to learn to build with it.


I was also was inspired by Marina Abramović who would do performances where she would stare at people without speaking. I feel like you can get to know people on a different level if you stare into there souls. Some would say the eyes are the doors to our souls, so what better way to know someone.


I can't say what the future of performance art will be but I think it will only become crazier as artist push the limits of what can be done. Also, the themes will change as we change as a society because I feel this is what pushes such arts is how we act as humans.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work! I know it must have been weird/hard to step out of your comfort zone to make a performance art piece. I found it cool that most of the people that participated had genuine answers to your question.

    ReplyDelete