Thursday, December 6, 2018

Finial Project


For my final project, I wanted to show how a single image can be manipulated.  The shot although cut up is one continuous shot with different effects added to it. The effects represent the manipulation, whether through color change or more intense effect control. The meaning behind the manipulation is to shed light on how heavily manipulated the world of media is. It is so easy to cut a film here, or there, changing the meaning completely. I feel that this is done a lot. Nothing is what it seems, and people might think I say this with a political stance. Where in fact I believe both sides of the idea do this to strengthen their message or tarnish the other. I wanted my piece to show that in no time at all the image is changed from the original. I know my acting is pretty poor in this piece, but I think serves its purpose. As far as the sound in the film. I took a news broadcast from the 1950s and played it backward. I did this to show how words can be easily twisted. In my case at the push of a button. I then slowed it down 25% to represent, well a creepy effect. The music is some creepy music that I've chosen to make loader or quiet throughout the film. The message at the end of the film is to show what some believe media is doing to us referring to us as "sheep". I hope everyone enjoys my project.


https://youtu.be/7FvKelDCQ7c

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if this was supposed to make the audience laugh but it certainly made me laugh. I thought you used the effect well in each action. And filters were nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you just sat in front of the camera and did different actions regardless of the effects. I also like how you reversed an old radio broadcast; interesting touch to the project.

    ReplyDelete